cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [XMLForm] Declarative xmlns attribute
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:34:39 GMT
ivelin wrote:

>Good question.
>startPrefixMap is somewhat confusing.
>http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200108/msg00718.html

Hmm... It's pretty clear to me somehow... This means to me that
namespace declarations can be moved up/down the XML tree and not
necesseraly have to stick to the tags they are declared on. Main rule
is: declare namespace before using it. You can declare it well before or
right before - this does not matter.

>What is the Xalan error text?
>How would you suggest to patch the code?

We have to use start/endPrefixMappings there, like in all other Cocoon
components.

Vadim