cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:45:23 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 22/04/2003 10.38:
> I found out that the default reader uses the source resolver, which uses
> an XMLizer, which uses JTidy if the resource extension is HTML.

Aaaargggh!  :-/

Nice catch, terrible bug.

> I'm perfectly aware this is a bug in Excalibur XMLutils, but since it's
> mainly our code and cocoon developers maintain it, I thought about
> bringing it up here.
>
> comments? (Sylvain, Carsten, anyone?)

This is really nasty, and brings up the issue with the XMLizer. If a
shource is XML, it *may* make sense to use the XMLizer, else it's
totally off-target.

Aslo, let's say that I want to get a stream to an xml file that I want
to zip... will the sourceresolver *parse* it just to give it to me?
There is something wrong here...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -