cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: benchmarking Cocoon?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:44:58 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> [...]
  This is not complete true. As Stefano said Cocoon 2 has a much better
cache, you can exploit it.
  I have an extension for Cocoon cache system for using ESI invalidation
protocol (http://www.w3.org/TR/esi-invp) so, I can boost the performance
of dynamic page (generated with databases values)  like an static a
cached page.
  See this graph for performance result using a low end server:
     http://www.dbprism.com.ar/html/KeyNote/sld029.htm
   This graph show the performance of DBPrism CMS, which uses DBPrism
Generator
(http://www.dbprism.com.ar/dbprism/doc/xdocs/DBPrismGenerator.html), but
ESI invalidation protocol can be used in standard XSP pages too, using a
simple logicsheet tag.
   A new implementation of ESI Invalidator Server for Cocoon2 is ready
to be shipped with DBPrism 2.0.1 distribution, it is implemented using
HSQLDB in memory database for storing the cached url pages, then this
implementation is more scalable than the previous one which uses java
Hash Maps.

>Geoff

  Best regards, Marcelo.

--