cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: benchmarking Cocoon?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:14:42 GMT

Stephan Michels wrote, On 19/04/2003 17.33:

> You also use buffers between each component to measure the time, like
> the ProfilerBlock do.

But it's flawed. As we found out in the last Stammtisch, since we use
SAX events, parts of the top elements can influence part of the bottom
ones, since the top elements go through the fulol pipeline before the
bottom are finished. Buffering this is no more:

SAX EVENTS

  a  -1-> a1 -2-> a2
  b  -3-> b3 -4-> b4
  c  -5-> c5 -6-> c6

BUFFERING

  a  /--> a1  /--> a3
  b  |    b1  |    b3
  c--/    c1--/    c3

> Yes, the buffer take also time, but in almost
> cases less than 1 ms.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -