cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Hibernat2 block
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:22:13 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>Hi team
>
>We've recently started a project that uses the Hibernat2 package from
>http://hibernate.sf.net as a object to relational mapping tool. We considered
>other packages and end up with Hibernate2 because of:
>
>  - has good performance
>  - has quite a good community
>  - has many project using it (http://hibernate.bluemars.net/27.html)
>  - has XDoclet support
>    (http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/tags/hibernate-tags.html)
>
>and some other aspects.
>
>We have developped a logicsheet that is a mixture out of the esql and jpath
>logicsheets that let you develop easily XSP pages with hibernated content.
>
>Consider the following object model:
>
>  Project
>   !
>   +--<>* Task                Staff
>           !                   !
>           +--<>* Mandate *<>--+
>                   !
>                   +--<>* Expenditure <!--+
>                                          !
>                                +---------+---------+
>                                !                   !
>                              Activity            Expense

Nice ASCII art ;-)

<snip/>

>Anybody intressted in this? Can I donnate and add a block for it?

This looks very cool, but... Hibernate is LGPL, and as such cannot go
into an Apache repository :-(

Can this go to cocoondev.org ?

Considering the increasing number of Cocoon blocks that rely on LGPL'ed
libraries (JCVS, JFreeChart, and now Hibernate), I wonder if, instead of
having a myriad of very small projects, we could have a single
"CocoLess" (or another name) project on cocoondev.org hosting all these
small blocks. This would give them a greater visibility and consequently
a bigger community.

Thoughts ? Steven ?

Sylvain