cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: benchmarking Cocoon?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:59:47 GMT
John Morrison wrote:
>>From: Argyn [mailto:akuketayev@cox.net]
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>Do you think there's a need for benchmarking Cocoon?
>

> Nice thought, but you know the saying; there's lies
> dam lies and benchmarks ;)
>
> What would you measure and what would you compare it
> with?

The only value in benchmarking Cocoon is when you do it
with itself.  If all hardware remains the same, then
software improvements become evident.

Of course, if the software remains the same, then you
can vary the hardware to see what does better.

I would measure three major things: memory usage,
CPU usage, and pages/second.

It might prove enlightening--and might help focus where
Cocoon might want to economize.

-----Chris Rock