cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Irving Salisbury <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: SQL Transformer
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:11:25 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Morrison, John wrote:<br>
 cite="midCCD084B0E779D411A70300508B66222605A32E5C@exchukahis02.experian.co.uk">
  <pre wrap="">Irving Salisbury wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Boon Hian Tek wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Irving Salisbury wrote:
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">At our company, we have now had two instances where we would have
like to extend the SQLTransformer. For one of them, we wanted to do
paging utilizing the ResultSet methods setFetchSize and absolute().
The current PagingTransformer loads the entire ResultSet in, which
wouldn't work for our enromous ResultSets. We succesfully wrote
this, but the way we had to do it was to take the existing
SQLTransformer and "hack" into it.  It was not very easy to get at
the very reusable class Query
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
I just realized that too. I almost wanted to go through what you did.
Any chance you can share the mods you made and
is using? Or is it proprietary code?

Boon
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">It is not proprietary code.  It is a little "ugly", but I am happy
share it.  We are using it on a reasonably large system, and it seems
to be working well.  I'll just send it to you so I don't spam this
whole list. (Unless others want it)  I should be able to bundle it up
and send it in about 2 hours.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Patches welcome :)

J.

PS, Irving, *please* don't mix top and bottom posting :)

of this email.
  </pre>
It is not a patch. &nbsp;It is a "hack into", as I described in my original email.
&nbsp;My original post was a request for a more reusable and extensible SQLTransformer
to help prevent what I had to do. <br>
Irv<br>