cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] error-handling for "cocoon:" pipelines
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:16:36 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:48:46AM -0400, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Jeff Turner wrote:

>>>Eek - no!!

>>>IMHO, visibility of cocoon: pipelines is something the user should be
>>>able to decide.
>>>

>>Agree.
>>

>>>There are perfectly good reasons for keeping them
>>>visible, and its very simple to hide them if necessary.
>>>

>>Ok.
>>
>>Now tell me, why "Eek - no!! "? And no to what?
>>

>No to "I think we have kind of consensus here saying that pipelines
>accessed by cocoon protocol should be internal-only="true",

You see... All the reasons you gave above about accessing "internal"
pipelines from the outside are mostly about aid in debugging process.
You are not *forced* to expose those pipelines when you go into production.

Thus, what I was trying to say, generally, you do not design your system
to have pipelines working on "both fronts". That's why I said "kind of
consensus".

>from which I (evidently wrongly) read an implication that such pipelines should
>somehow be _forced_ to be internal-only.

There were no such implication. Sorry for my unclearness :)

Vadim