cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:18:25 GMT
On 9/04/2003 15:25 Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@dff.st> wrote:
>

>>>Regarding the voting process, I suggest to use the Apache SSH-based voting
>>>process outlined by Dirk (secret ballot, as we're voting on people). We'll
>>>need two volunteers to check the votes (PMC members, but not candidate to
>>>the role) and count them at the end.
>>
>>...do you have a link on "ssh-based voting"? Where did Dirk explain it?
>

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104978862718775&w=2

I understand this requires apmail access - Pier, would you be able to
set up the required voting list for us?

>>>Regarding the voting timeline, I would suggest to open it up next Monday
>>>April the 14th at 12:00 noon GMT, and to leave it running until the Monday
>>>April the 21st at 12:00 noon GMT (7 days exactly).
>>>
>>>The only "problem" with this timeline is that the last few days fall over
>>>Easter, and I don't know if people here are going to be on vacation.
>>
>>Hm.. yes :-(
>>
>>...so either we start earlier or later. I'd prefer starting earlier.
>>If that's ok as it shortens the time for further nominations.
>

> That's up to you guys to decide, I can only give suggestions :-) I love the
> fact that I'm not in the PMC so that I don't have to "decide" on stuff! :-)

My suggestion would be to hold PMC chair elections from 21-28 April
(noon GMT). That way, we are still able to decide on the term duration,
and candidates can step forward and confirm their candidature.

On a total of 48 possible committers and some 25'ish PMC members, one
candidate more or less shouldn't be a problem. In the end, I would
really like to see this become a 'no fuzz' thing where every committer
who wants to, gets to do it once.

Come on people: I'm getting the feeling some of us are looking at each
other, and are afraid to proceed or talk freely in order not to hurt
each other's feelings.

Somebody told me off-list that it was 'brave' to step up and post a
candidature, since there's a chance involved with that of _not_ being
elected. Honestly, now that Stefano has expressed his willingness to
proceed with technical innovation rather than the legal stuff, I think
it has been made clear what the actual value of all this is (please
don't read this as belittling - just as a reality check).

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org