cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:13:37 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>I'm not on the Cocoon PMC, but would like to move swiftly along with the
>transition.
>
>So, here is the current list of "candidates" to succeed to Stefano in his
>role as a chair of the Cocoon PMC (in alphabetical order):
>
>- Matthew Langham <mlangham@s-und-n.de>
>    nominated by: Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
>
>- Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org>
>    nominated by: self
>
>- Sylvain Wallez
>    nominated by: Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@dff.st>
>    (Sylvain declined)
>
>- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>
>    nominated by: Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>
>
>And personally I would like to add to this list:
>
>- Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
>    nominated by: Pier Fumagalli <pier@apache.org>
>

>Regarding the voting process, I suggest to use the Apache SSH-based voting
>process outlined by Dirk (secret ballot, as we're voting on people). We'll
>need two volunteers to check the votes (PMC members, but not candidate to
>the role) and count them at the end.

Preliminary to that, we should make a list of people that *explicitely*
run for the chair.

Up to now, only Steven did it. Matthew and Vadim haven't said their
intention, and Matthew told us that Carsten was interested, but we got
nothing from him, probably because he's currently offline.

Also, as Torsten, I haven't found about this ssh vote thing...

Sylvain