cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:09:36 GMT
On 9/04/2003 14:53 Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I'm not on the Cocoon PMC, but would like to move swiftly along with the
> transition.

Agree. Thank you for taking the lead in this.

> So, here is the current list of "candidates" to succeed to Stefano in his
> role as a chair of the Cocoon PMC (in alphabetical order):

I would find it more efficient if only confirmed candidates are on the
ballot. I propose to postpone until this has been solved by explicit
yes/no's from the candidates.

Also, as my swift candidature was (and still is) mainly targeted at
trying to reduce the 'footprint' perceived by this role on our
community, I'd like to reach consensus on term duration, and a
separation between the legal/reporting tasks of the chair, and the
technical leadership (which should be owned by the community of
committers at large, as it has been in the past). The ASF bylaws are
pretty clear on the role of a chair, and we should be conscious about them.

Not meaning to mess things up, but we shouldn't trip wires by moving
recklessly.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org