cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - cocoon-block-fop
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:52:33 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote, On 08/04/2003 23.09:
> A <depend> element in a gump project descriptor does *not* mean that the
> build was successful.  It merely means that all the jars declared in the
> descriptor are present after the build was run.
>
> So... you can structure the ant targets so that you produce the jars,
> then run the tests.  If the jars are produced and the tests fail, then
> you will get nagged and projects which depend on you will get built.

Hey, I didn't know that! Good to know, thanks :-)

Yes, then making it all run in a single project makes sense. I would say
that the best solution maybe is to put failonerror="false", both for
that and for the docs, *but* add a final <fail> to the ant buildfile if
some tests don't pass.

This way I get all the tests to run, have the report, and still get nagged.

Super! :-D

> Now... if you want *super* strict, make a dist target depend on the
> tests passing, and have that target copy the jars to a dist directory,
> and declare *that* copy as the ones that gump depends on.  Apparently
> that's what the jakarta-cactus team desires, and that's OK with me.

Yes, now I get it. Probably that's why things happened that way. So the
build failing or not does not affect the availability of jars.

CCing krysalis-dev 'cause I think they may be interested.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -