cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject [PMC Vote] Copyright footer on Cocoon Wiki
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:45:03 GMT
Pier was right and I shouldn't have solved this pragmatically, so we
need a vote on this:

until the Wiki moves to proper ASF grounds, it is questionable whether
the Wiki should display the footer "(c) The Apache Software Foundation",
since it ain't running on ASF equipment, or refers to the "Cocoon
project" without asking permission as required by our license.

I, system maintainer of that Wiki, ask therefore if the Cocoon PMC deems
it appropriate if I use the phrase "(c) The Cocoon Community" on the
Wiki pages, as a temporary measure until the Wiki is moved to ASF
infrastructure, a process in which I plan to actively participate.

Your votes please:

   [  ] can refer to the Cocoon community in its
         copyright footer
   [  ]  no, it can't, and some other resolution must be sought

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message