cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Issues with chaperon
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:01:03 GMT
On 7/04/2003 14:16 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Note that the same holds true for the wiki pages for two reasons:
>
> 1) they are hosted in a machine which is not under direct control of the
> ASF infrastructure team
>
> 2) they are not contained in the apache.org contained URI resolution space.
>
> This will be the last thing I, as PMC chair, don't feel totally
> confortable with from a legal point of view.
>
> Note that I'm perfectly aware that nothing of this is done to do harm to
> cocoon nor to abuse its name or the foundation's, so everything will be
> just fine, we just have to deal with the small details and this is a
> boring, even if necessary, job.
>
> Please, bear with me and have patience: I'm doing this so that our legal
> umbrella doesn't leak thru.

Can you please expand on the link between 'being under direct control of
the ASF infrastructure team' or 'being embedded in the ASF URI space'
and the legality of the copyright footer on the Wiki pages?

This has been discussed before, and the (c) footer was an explicit
decision on cocoon-docs IIRC, also
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=License has been linked from the
main page to this effect.

Summarizing the decision at that time: material _could_ be transfered
from the Wiki to the project, so please don't post on the Wiki if you
haven't read the contributors guidelines.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org