cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with chaperon
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:16:55 GMT
on 4/7/03 12:36 PM Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>We were very picky with Ivelin and his move to factor out xmlform, but
>>I'm going to be as well with Chaperon.
>>
>>There are few things that I don't like:
>>
>>1) copyright is given to the ASF.
>>
>>While I *do* appreciate the intention, the ASF's policy cannot allow
>>this (I'm going to be picky on those things, so be prepared in case you
>>host stuff with the ASF copyright which are not hosted on
>>ASF-infrastructure-driven hosts)
>>
>>As a short term solution, I would suggest to change the copyright sign.
>>[the license is fine]
>

> Can you please give me a pointer, I'm a bit lost?

Oh, sorry, http://chaperon.sf.net right at the bottom.

 Copyright © 2002 The Apache Software Foundation.. All rights reserved.

The ASF has no whatsoever rights on the chaperon web pages, so you are
stating a lie.

Note that the same holds true for the wiki pages for two reasons:

1) they are hosted in a machine which is not under direct control of the
ASF infrastructure team

2) they are not contained in the apache.org contained URI resolution space.

This will be the last thing I, as PMC chair, don't feel totally
confortable with from a legal point of view.

Note that I'm perfectly aware that nothing of this is done to do harm to
cocoon nor to abuse its name or the foundation's, so everything will be
just fine, we just have to deal with the small details and this is a
boring, even if necessary, job.

Please, bear with me and have patience: I'm doing this so that our legal
umbrella doesn't leak thru.

> Do you mean in LICENSE.chaperon ?

No,no, nothign in code or licenses, but on the web. But from your reply
it seems that you just overlooked it so I think it's just a matter of
updating your skin.

> It's not a bad architecture, it's a evolution stage. The components
> were originally developed within the Chaperon project, and were moved
> to Cocoon.
>
> And yes, I will removed the cocoon dependency of the Chaperon lib.

Very cool. This is nice to hear. Please keep me informed as you complete
the transition, becuase as soon as chaperon is free of cocoon
dependencies, I want to add it to gump so that we can have gump help us
watch over our contracts.

--
Stefano.