cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ferenc Kiraly <ferenc.kir...@mobitel.si>
Subject Re: limiting rowset size in SQLTransformer
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 06:28:11 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Ferenc Kiraly wrote:
>
>>     Hi!

>> In particular, I wanted to write a logicsheet, that processes a
>> <browseable-table> tag. The logicsheet template takes parameters, such as
come from
>> the request or from the session. I was not able to pass these parameters
>> to the logicsheet _and_ use them in ESQL at the same time,
>

> are you talking about use-limit-clause parameter? Similar to this should
> work:
> <esql:use-limit-clause><xsp-session:get-attribute
> name="limit"/></esql:use-limit-clause>

Yes, I agree. But this will not:

XSP:========================================
<myns:mytag>
  <myns:limit><xsp-session:get-attribute name="limit"/></myns:limit>
</myns:mytag>

XSL for myns:================================
<xsl:include href="logicsheet-util.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="myns:mytag">
  <xsl:variable name="limit">
    <xsl:call-template name="get-parameter">
      <xsl:with-param name="name" select="'limit'"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:variable>

  <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:use-limit-clause>auto</esql:use-limit-clause>
     <esql:max-rows><xsl:value-of select="$limit"></esql:max-rows>
  </esql:execute-query>
</xsl:template>

Replacing <xsp-session:get-attribute name="limit"/> in the above example
with a literal, e.g. 15, will work though.

And as far as I can tell this is not particular to ESQL or logicsheet-util.xsl.
In some circumstances <xsp-session:get-attribute .../> looses it's value when
passed through a logicsheet. An I would sure want to understand why. It's
probably because I don't understand things properly, but from a web app
developer point of view there is no reason why the above should not be
allowed. Please enlighten me about why I am resoning wrong. I have brought
this up on cocoon-user already, as have others, with no satisfactory
explanation. Thanks.

	feri.