cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [heads-up] Updated upload system and fixed a bunch of security issues]
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:05:28 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> What's the real contract behind "Object get(String)" ? The method
>> name isn't very meaninful and the JavaDoc is confusing, as it is
>> identical to the one for getAttribute(), although the implementation
>> is obviously different.
>>
>> Furthermore, is get() useful for something other than file upload ?
>> If not, why don't we define "Object getMultipartPart(String)" and
>> remove/deprecate this method ?
>

> MultipartHttpServletRequest is never accessed directly, so this
> contract isn't really meaningful.
>
> The *real* contract is o.a.c.environment.Request which already contains
>
>  object get(name);
>
> and this should be changed to something more meaningful, but this
> requires much more thinking also to think about mail processing.

I understand, but (again) what's the purpose of this get(), which is
obviously not what is said by its Javadoc ?

>> We could even add this "InputPart" you're talking about to the
>> enviromnent, inspired by o.a.c.c.request.multipart.FilePart.
>

> yes, but I didn't want to mess with the environment right before the
> release.

Ok. We also have to consider (just had this idea) that uploaded parts
don't make sense only in the servlet environment : in a mailet
environment, this could also be used for email attachments.

BTW, I remember someone (was it Nicola Ken ?) saying it was working on
such a mailet environment. Any news ?

Sylvain