cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [heads-up] Updated upload system and fixed a bunch of security issues]
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:49:32 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

> Note that the Cocoon Environment Request object transparently wraps
> around the Object get(String name) method, so, you don't have to do
> any type casting since this is transparently done for you.
>
> The only difference is that since the Cocoon Environment doesn't
> specify the *input part* object (this is something we'll have to do in
> the future), the type casting is required to acquire the "input part"
> that wraps around the uploaded file.

What's the real contract behind "Object get(String)" ? The method name
isn't very meaninful and the JavaDoc is confusing, as it is identical to
the one for getAttribute(), although the implementation is obviously
different.

Furthermore, is get() useful for something other than file upload ? If
not, why don't we define "Object getMultipartPart(String)" and
remove/deprecate this method ?

We could even add this "InputPart" you're talking about to the
enviromnent, inspired by o.a.c.c.request.multipart.FilePart.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain