cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Towards a new/another Forms Framework
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:43:47 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:
> Hi,

It would be better to use WebDAV directly, but this isn't a perfect world.

yes, i was thinking about a POST with a hidden textarea or input.

>>That would be *KILLER* for serious content management solutions where
>>all the data aggregation from the document can be done via javascript on
>>the client side directly (and it's pretty dead easy also to make
>>transparently portable for 6th generation browsers!).
>

> I am confused. In the previous paragraph you say you want to submit it to
> the server for validation. But in the above para you talk about client-side
> validation?

No, about "client side construction". And even if you do validation on
the client side, you still have to do it on the server side to avoid
security holes.

> Why not use some schema dialect (XML Schema seems to have achieved critical
> mass???) and add a form namespace that indicates the widgets. You get
> datatyping for free.

I don't get it. can you elaborate more?

Stefano.