cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump on cocoondev.org
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:39:34 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>> all right, here is what I did (precisely):
>>>
>>>  $ ssh www.cocoondev.org
>>>  $ cd /usr/serverlocal/gump/cocoon-2.1
>>>  $ cvs -q update
>>>  $ cd /usr/serverlocal/gump/jakarta-gump
>>>  $ cvs -q update
>>>  $ cd
>>>  $ build gump clean
>>>  $ build gump verify
>>>  $ build gump scripts
>>>  $ build cocoon clean
>>>  $ build cocoon gump-core
>>>
>>> and I get a bunch of compilation errors.
>>>
>>> If I run
>>>
>>>  $ build cocoon -v gump-core
>>>
>>> I get

>>> dropping
>>> /usr/serverlocal/gump/cocoon-2.1/usr/serverlocal/gump/avalon-excalibur/compatibility/build/lib/excalibur-compatibility-20030402.jar

>>> from path as it doesn't exist
>>

>> Don't go looking for hard answers to easy problems.  There's a
>> perfectly mundane explanation for this.  Excalibur-compatibility's
>> build failed last night.
>>
>> http://gump.cocoondev.org/excalibur-compatibility.html

I should learn to read all messages before replying...

> Looking closer, there actually are deeper problems.

Yep, I figured.

> Ones that I don't have ready answers for.

ok, great.

> First is that the path is constructed improperly.

yep, I saw that, that's why I copied that snipped.

> At some point the
> base path of the cocoon directory is prepended to the fully qualified
> path to the excalibur jar.  I'm not sure why or when this is done.

great, I thought you knew that :/

> Looking at the generated build.sh file, the classpath is set up
> correctly, and no variables are passed on the ant command that would
> explain this.  I've grepped the various .properties and .xml files in
> the cocoon directory and don't see how the excalibur jars are referenced.

hmmm

> Stefano, if you could take a look at this, I'd appreciate it.

oh no! Sam ruby is playing the jedy trick with me... gosh, I knew this
would have happened one day or another. And he knows that if I dive into
gump I'll be stuck there forever. Gosh.

> No need
> to look into the xslt files... simply load build.sh into your favorite
> editor and look for "cocoon;" (with the semicolon).  Immediately after
> this you will see the classpath being set up and then the ant call. Tell
> me is you see anything amis.

All right, all right, I know I'm going to regret this, but I will :)

> Even if this were corrected, however, I do see a jar in the
> avalon-excalibur/compatibility/build/lib directory.  What's odd is that
> it was built this morning, but has yesterday's date on it.  This I can't
> explain either.

are you sure the cron jobs are acting regularely?

Stefano.