cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [proposal] deprecation logger
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:03:51 GMT
Hi folks,

We have in the 2.1 a number of features that are considered as
deprecated, although still supported. We need a way to inform users (the
ones that write Cocoon apps) that they use such deprecated features in a
way that allows them to be found easily, and not intermixed in the usual
logging flood.

So I'm thinking about a global logger dedicated to deprecation messages.
This would allow to write all messages going to that logger to e.g. a
"deprecated.log" file.

Now how do we make this logger accessible ? A static variable doesn't
seem to be a good solution, so I'm thinking of adding it to the Avalon
context. Any Contextualizable component can then access it.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain