cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Generators now allowed in <map:handle-errors>
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:58:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> Now from an implementation point of view, finding if a generator is
>> present by analyzing the sitemap is difficult, if not impossible,
>> since a generator can be inside a matcher/action/selector (will we go
>> in that path or not ?), or included in a resource also used in the
>> "normal" pipeline. Also, checking this at request processing time is
>> difficult, since the pipeline fails if a transformer is added when no
>> generator is present.
>

> AFAIR, in my version of the implementation of this feature (don't ask
> what happend to this implementation :-/ ), the way  to solve it was to
> extended and/or modify pipeline implementation so it uses "default"
> generator when no generator has been set. This extended / modified
> pipeline implementation can be instantiated from the error handler
> node of the treeprocessor, and provided with default generator
> "<notifier>".

Ah, I understand. Clever solution.

But once again, I prefer to avoid "automagic" implicit behaviour of the
sitemap engine, and encourage people to migrate to writing a
<map:generate> in their error handling and consider implicit generator
and 'type' attributes on <handle-error> as deprecated features.

Sylvain