cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Generators now allowed in <map:handle-errors>
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:27:23 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>

> Now from an implementation point of view, finding if a generator is
> present by analyzing the sitemap is difficult, if not impossible,
> since a generator can be inside a matcher/action/selector (will we go
> in that path or not ?), or included in a resource also used in the
> "normal" pipeline. Also, checking this at request processing time is
> difficult, since the pipeline fails if a transformer is added when no
> generator is present.

AFAIR, in my version of the implementation of this feature (don't ask
what happend to this implementation :-/ ), the way  to solve it was to
extended and/or modify pipeline implementation so it uses "default"
generator when no generator has been set. This extended / modified
pipeline implementation can be instantiated from the error handler node
of the treeprocessor, and provided with default generator "<notifier>".

Vadim