cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] New version of XMLForm released
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:56:48 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 02/04/2003 12.47:
> But I'm more than happy to see XMLForm being factored out because:
>
>  1) this removes the wrong marketing perception that XMLForm is *the*
> solution for data-logic control.
>
>  2) allows people to experiment different approaches (XForm-based or
> not) with the same level of confidence.
>
> Comments?

I held back my comments till now because there was some negative energy
going round, especially because of the way it was "proposed", but IMO
factoring XMLForm out of Cocoon as a library to process XForms makes
perfect techniological sense, both for Cocoon (as you nicely put it) and
for XMLForm, as it would be usable like the Struts Validator is for example.

I think though that this can grow into an Apache (sub)project. What
would you suggest in this case?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -