cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [RT] Towards a new/another Forms Framework
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:04:57 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:
> Very interesting - do you envision it covering client/server side
> validation?

Just want to make sure: had anyone had a look into precept?
Maybe at least the examples?

It's not even close to be more than POC. But the vision was
to build forms with your favorite schema editing tool for the
model definiton. And then use a XML editor or IDE for the
views. One of our interns wrote a POC swing application
to drag-and-drop the controls into the views.
And I still have a table renderer transformer on my machine
that calculates a table layout for any given controls by
it's x and y coordinates.

It also already provides the hooks for client+server side
validation. Just NYI.

Especially database mapping is still an issue. And it has
no flow support yet. But maybe we can steel at least some
ideas for something new?!
--
Torsten