cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] New version of XMLForm released
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:23:04 GMT
ivelin wrote:

>The new standalone version brings up to date the UI & Form control syntax to
>match the latest XForms Candidate Release.
>
>Should we bring the Cocoon version up to date as well?
>The propsed plan is to replace the current module with an Action/Transformer
>adapter pair that references the standalone library.
>
>Please vote.

Cocoon's XMLForm, even if driven by you, is a community effort. What you
propose here is to remove these source files in favor of a forked
version developped by a closed community (a one-person community, to be
precise).

This means XMLForm will be out of control of the Cocoon community, so :
-1

However, if you want to provide integration of your fork with the Cocoon
code base, you can create a new block dedicated to this, that should not
interfere with Cocoon's XMLForm.

Sylvain