cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Contributing to cocoon
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:31:53 GMT
Le Mercredi, 9 avr 2003, à 14:05 Europe/Zurich, Leszek Gawron a écrit :

> ...I am used to do little changes and a lot of testing. Using this
> approach it
> would take days to implement anything.

The new build is much faster than it was, and you can disable blocks
that you don't need to optimize your build cycle time, this make a big
difference if you're just working on a particular block.

Also, restarting using the cocoon.sh script is *much* faster than it
was, helps a lot as well.

You might also want to use "cocoon.sh servlet-debug" which turns on
remote debugging and should allow you to use the Eclipse debugger in
remote mode (haven't tested it myself yet though).

> Therefore I remember seeing something
> like "webapp-local" that compiled cocoon to .class files with no jar
> packaging
> which would speed up cocoon rebuilding a lot.

It's not in the build anymore, I don't know if there's an alternative.

>> ...(I hope I'm not being too obvious here, don't know where you're
>> starting from ;-)
> a little further than you assumed :)

Good ;-)

-Bertrand