cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Stefano's Linotype
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:35:30 GMT
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Uh, sorry, but I think I broke you. I recently blasted JXPathTransformer
> and JXPathTemplate from the scratchpad. If the below still works for
> you, you  probably still have the old class files in your build
> directory.  There was a lot of code duplication between
> JXPathTransformer, JexlTransformer, JXPathTemplate and JexlTemplate that
> needed to be eliminated. So I created a new generator called JXTemplate
> (which includes JXPath and Jexl) and removed the others. You should use
> this instead. There is no transformer, however. Do you really need one?
> If so, I guess it would be easy enough to create a transformer adapter
> for JXTemplate.

Hmmm... I'm just starting to wrap my head around the Flow, and I'm not
really understanding why we only get the generator.  IMO, it's getting a
little complicated templating our XML, which will just be transformed
using XSL anyway... I think a JXTemplate transformer would be more useful,
especially when we want to generate our XML in other ways, and then pull
the JXTemplate values into the XML instead of the other way around.

Forgive me if I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about, because
all this JXTemplate stuff is new to me, as is all the Flowscript, and I'm
having a helluva time learning how to use the JXTemplate generator, let
alone making sure my Flow is working correctly.

Tony