cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] rethinking distribution strategy
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:14:49 GMT
On Sunday 13 April 2003 01:00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> on 4/12/03 5:03 PM Geoff Howard wrote:
> > I'd be for it - but what about bugs marked blocking 2.1 release?  And
> > what about pending major changes to central contracts (flow)?
> > How do we avoid getting stalled in beta?
>
> by releasing early and often, fixing one issue at a time :-)

Additionally,

The "Release Early, Release Often" seems to be inversely to the size of the
project to be released. Initially it works well, and as the project grows,
things are released less and less often, due to fear of "contract failures".

This can easily be alleviated by breaking up the release cycles for each part,
especially now when blocks and modules are becoming a reality.

One could also require that "Core 2.n" is compatible with "Module X ver
2.(n-1)" and "Block Y ver 2.(n-2)", for faster and phased (not all in one
bang) introduction of core features.

Niclas