cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: how to vote for PMC chair? (was: Resigning from Cocoon PMC Chair)
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 07:56:56 GMT

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> -wait 24 hours for other candidates to come forward

Experience has shown that you need a -lot- more to catch people across the
worlds their time zones and folks which have other real-live jobs on the
side. Expects days at the very least.

> -publish the list of candidates here for voting
> -PMC members vote for each candidate (+1 +0 -0 -1 as usual), can give
> +1 to several of them

You may want to consider a closed, rather than an open ballot. This
may improve quality. See the 'voter' code in ~voter for instructions of
how to use.

You may want to have a look at something like:

	http://www.apache.org/~dirkx/pmc-email-ballot-example.txt

which goes through a cycle of getting candiates, establishing that they
really want to be included (we've had people volunteered by others without
their knowledge), correction of account and email info (a few % is always
off), updating of the committer list (agan a few % is always off) and so
on. Also note that the actual voting segment for a large part is now
automated by the 'voter' subsystem.  Which can be used for any commiter
group in /etcgroup.

Dw.