cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: [RT] improving the session concept
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 01:52:54 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

> >>The really kick-ass thing would be to have a way to push an event
> >>listener into the session, that it gets called when the session expires.
> >>
> >>The problem is that the servlet API doesn't include this and there is no
> >>(portable) way to hook cocoon into the *real* session.
> >

> > I don't understand what you're saying... Why can't we build the abstract
> > cocoon session code around javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener ?
>
> Ah, you're right. I overlooked that. Thanks for catching.

In my eyes, the flow continuations seemed sort of like sessions, they
appear to act like super-sessions in a way.  Have you given any thought
into combining the concepts of flow and sessions together?

On a parallel, the flow continuations expire, how about using the
cornerstone components to create a mechanism for expiring sessions?

Tony

--
Tony Collen
ICQ: 12410567