cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: [RT] the quest for the perfect template language
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 00:18:38 GMT
Arrrggghhh...

What is the difference, other than mixing concerns (java inside of XSLT) and
lack of portability between XSL processors? With document(), you can do
EXACTLY the same thing as you would with an extension. You send a specific
request to the server (while transforming on the server or not). The server
will/could ONLY handle specific types of requests through it's URIResolver.
I just don't get it...

I can't see any good time to use an extension. If you need a simple string,
int, Boolean, whathaveyou - pass it in as a param. If you need an array, or
something hierarchical turn it into XML and feed it to the document call.
This seems to me to be a perfect match for cocoon. But what do I know. I
think XSLT is beautiful. It's like sailing or surfing :)

-Rob