cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:24:03 GMT
On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 23:53, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >
> > Comments, questions and other remarks are of course welcome.
> >

> since you asked for them... remarks follow:
>
> 1) good to notice that form declarations and form templates are
> separated: a must-have in my eyes
>
> 2) client-side validations are not handled (yet)... I brewed my own
> (XSLT-based) solution because current form handling mechanisms lack
> this: could you spare a thought on this issue ?
>
> 3) Hooks for Javascript events: I've found them a necessity. For
> instance, disabling a list box when a check-box has been checked

For both points 2 and 3 I'm not sure yet how I'm going to tackle it.
More specifically, I'm undecided yet whether the framework should
automatically generate Javascript or just provide the hooks to call your
own javascript methods.

Letting the framework automatically generate the code makes it harder
for the framework implementer. In the case the form-designer writes the
javascript him/herself, there could be problems when what the
client-side code does and what the server-side code does are
inconsistent.

Still a lot of thinking to do in this area...

> 4) Making a widget read-only (or hide it) based on rules: useful when
> different classes of users have different privileges on form's data

Yep, good idea.

Thanks for the feedback,

Bruno