cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject RE: release notes tidy-up and announcement.xsl
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:56:57 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > The announcement.xml file was including the file changes.xml
> > So now the announcement is busted. We could get it to use
> > the new status.xml instead. However ...
> >
> > Do we really want to dump the whole release notes out with
> > an announcement? There may be too many when 2.1 is announced.
> > There are about 210 entries now and there would be many more
> > if we described all of the changes. That makes a really big
> > announcement email.
> >
> > So should we have a new section in announcement.xml to
> > list the really important things. An alternative is to
> > add an "announce" attribute to certain entries in the
> > status.xml/changes section.
>
> I think we discussed this months ago and decided to mark some
> entries as "announce", yes. What do we need to do for this
> to get it working? Change the DTD for status.xml?

There is no DTD for status.xml (and that is another issue).

To get it working we only need to modify the stylesheet that
creates the announcement to only show the "announce" entries
(and use status.xml instead).

> > A related issue is that the release notes need to be tidied.
> > As it has been such a long time for this release, there are
> > now some entries which over-ride earlier entries. For example,
> > i can see many of my entries that do not make sense anymore.
> > I suggest that each of us tidy our own area of interest.
>
> Ok, but please try to keep the changes list of the 2.0.x version
> in sync.

Good point. I was only considering that we fine-tune the 2.1 revisions.
Actually, i wonder if the changes files are already out-of-sync
between cocoon-2.1 and cocoon-2.0 - i know that when i made changes
to cocoon-2.0 then i did not update the list in 2.1 as well.

--David