cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForm and concatenation in view: possible bug?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:03:16 GMT
From: "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@dff.st>

> > But there is still an error:
> >
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath:
'/persons_col[1]/concat(/persons_col[1]/lastName,
/persons_col[1]/firstName)'. Syntax error after: '/persons_col[1]/c'

> > Could you help me to understand this?
>
> As I said:
>
> the parent ref/nodeset plus the iterator get prepended to the xpath.
>
> That's why it doesn't work.

Ah, yes! Sorry, I also didn't understood where the problem comes from.

JXPath allows to set the evaluation context and seems that it's not used in
XMLForm (but I didn't check that though). For correct expression evaluation
we should not append strings, but create correct contexts.

Konstantin