cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "ivelin" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForm & JSF
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:05:06 GMT

I kept evaluating the commons validator and looking for examples.
I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like a very intuitive and
straightforward tool to use.
After a few days of learning it is still not clear to me how to set it up
and use for different scenarios.
What is your impression. Is the validator really as popular and widely used
as the basic Struts itself?
When a friend of mine pointed me to the Schematron home page some time ago,
it only took me a few minutes to understand the concept and how to use it. I
liked immediately.

Comments?
Has somebody else used both validation techniques to compare?

-=Ivelin=-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Burns" <stephen.burns@tias.com.au>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: RE: XMLForm & JSF

Ivelin,

1) Unfortunately the BeanUtils is still required because the main
commons Validator class still uses PropertyUtils.  I'm sure it is
possible to remove this need if JXPath was used, but I went for a
minimal approach.  The JXPathValidator class supplied is an extension to
the Commons Validator and does NOT need it.

2) The Field element in the validation rules supports a page attribute
for this purpose, but I haven't looked into this yet.

3) I based the work on the Struts framework, there doesn't seem to be
any other real examples available at the moment.

Stephen