cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1-B1
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:26:38 GMT
From: "Stephan Michels" <stephan@apache.org>

> > that
> > >
> > > The problem is that we doesn't come to an end. It's a endless story.
> > > We do not release a major release since a year, this *must*
> > > be changed.
> >
> > Agree, but won't the Beta release mean something more or less stable (I
mean
> > API, interfaces, contracts)? We can make alpha release, collect all the
> > major requirements, fix major bugs, etc. and then make a Beta release in
> > month or two?
>
> What!?? Do you really want wait a month or two? I always tought
> that our snapshot are alpha releases
> (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/cocoon-2.1/).

No, you got me wrong. I am +1 for an immediate release, but let's call it
Alpha and not Beta.
IMHO, our snapshots are not releases, but just helpers for those who have
problems getting latest (unreleased) Cocoon from CVS, aren't they?

Any release, even alpha, should be followed at least by an announcement
(also IMHO).

> The 2.1 is not the end of the world, there will come a 2.(n>1).

It would be much more difficult to change any contract in further releases.

Konstantin