cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject Release Plans for 2.1, 2.2 etc.
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:15:09 GMT
What is the difference between the current state of Cocoon 2.1 and the
planned release version 2.1 ?

It seems to be difficult to find objective information to answer that
question.

There are currently 130 open bugs (or enhancement requests) for Cocoon in
the Bugzilla database. But which of them need to be fixed/implemented for
2.1 ?

There also are 9 items listed on the Release Plan page for 2.1 Beta:
- apply patches
- test flowmap + docs + etc
- documentation to be published by Forrest
- finish the document Updating Cocoon which describes the major changes
since 2.0.2
- finish the refactoring of samples
- finish to move scratchpad stuff in main trunk
- more tests and examples on the flowmap. Seems to me that this strategic
stuff has been a set a bit aside due to lack of time.
- Move complete Source implementation to Excalibur
- Change implementation for SitemapConfigurable

Which of them have been implemented ? Do Bugzilla entries exist for them ?

I suggest three actions for Cocoon and Bugzilla:

1.) two Milestones are added: 2.1 and 2.2
2.) all of the 9 planned items above which have not yet been finished are
entered into Bugzilla
3.) all open Bugzilla-entries are assigned to either Milestone 2.1 or 2.2
(Who can do that ?)

A similar procedure has been applied to Lenya (formerly known as Wyona).
Currently there are only 10 open entries to be resolved before Lenya 1.0 can
be released. It would be great if Apache Lenya could be released based on a
released version of Apache Cocoon 2.1.

Cheers,
Andreas