cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard In Public" <edificat...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Are Actions Redundant in a Flowscript world?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:27:48 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to get to grips with how the introduction of Flowscript effects
Cocoon best practices.  Some questions (half-baked, I know):

1.  Should CONTROL be handled exclusively by Flowscript?  Looking over the
examples, particularly the 'prefs' one, it seems that the script has two
responsibilities: a) move parameters between VIEW and MODEL and b) change
the VIEW.

2.  If this is the case, then I am left wondering about ACTIONS: would one
still want to use, for example, database actions in the sitemap, rather than
calling a persistence layer from within the flowscript?

3.  What principles should I use to determine what is best handled in the
Sitemap?  For example, the 'prefs' sitemap uses controls the invocation of
Flowscript functions.  But the Flowscript itself could just as easily handle
this functionality, which seems to be CONTROL anyway.

Regards,

Richard Hoberman