cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Argyn" <akuketa...@cox.net>
Subject RE: benchmarking Cocoon?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:30:27 GMT
Look, when I buy a car I know that 100hp for a family sedan with auto
transmission is "not enough for me". There are many other things involved,
handling, steering, etc. But this horsepower thing (whatever it means) is a
strong marketing argument. Do you think I know how they measure it? I've no
clue. I even suspect that it has nothing to do with real horses. And even if
it had, I've no clue how much power has a horse. Normal horse, besides there
are hundreds of breeds of horses... The point is that people ask this
question "Is Cocoon fast". I've been asked it many times. The must be an
answer. I should say "Here's the benchmark. Run it on your hardware, and
give me a break, please".