cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [Rant] Flow + JXTemplate (Was: Re: [FYI] Stefano's Linotype)
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:32:44 GMT
Tony,

I recommend you to have a look at the Petstore. Christopher has done a
great job providing the examples in 4 different ways (jxpath, jexl, xsp
and velocity).

My first impression is that it looks very clear, simple and well-thought
to me:
You control the flow using the Cocoon control flow and "send" data to
the pipeline which is responsible for the view using the object model.
Additionally you have access to some common objects like request or the
continuation (and some more). This data can be accessed with those 4
"languages" which provide some simple control structures like choose,
if, and some more.

And here Christopher compared the 4 languages:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105029949912114&w=2

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Reinhard