cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: memory leak?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:34:50 GMT
> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> Hmm.

Carsten Ziegler has already found and killed it:

Hi,

as Stephen has found out (thanks Stephen!) we have a memory leak with
the Session and AuthenticationManager. This is a more general problem
with RequestLifecycleComponents. They are currently never released :(

As I have (again...) no direct access to the cvs, could someone else
please commit the following patch to the CocoonComponentManager?

1. Add the following method to the CocoonComponentManager:
    /**
     * Release a RequestLifecycleComponent
     */
    protected void releaseRLComponent( final Component component ) {
        super.release( component );
    }

2. Change one line of the release() method of the EnvironmentDescription
(inner class of CocoonComponentManager) from:
            (ComponentManager)o[1]).release( component );
            ((CocoonComponentManager)o[1]).releaseRLComponent( component
);

This patch has to be applied to cocoon-2.0 and cocoon-2.1.

Many thanks
Carsten