cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <iasan...@apache-korea.org>
Subject RE: [FYI] Stefano's Linotype
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:22:04 GMT

Thanks to your instruction, I can see the first page of linotype application
on my Mozilla 1.3. In addition, I modified sitemap.xmap like the following:
    <map:generator name="jxpath"
       src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplate"
       label="content,data" logger="sitemap.generator.jxpath"
       pool-min="1" pool-grow="1" pool-max="8"
    />
    <map:transformer name="jxpath"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.JXTemplateTransformer"
      logger="jxpath.sitemap.transformer"
      pool-min="2" pool-grow="2" pool-max="8"
    />
  <map:component-configurations>
    <global-variables>
      <home>http://localhost:8080/linotype</home>
    </global-variables>
  </map:component-configurations>

I built today the latest HEAD version of cocoon-2.1 and copied
build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib to linotype's WEB-INF. My Tomcat's endorsed XML
libraries are Xerces 2.4.0 and Xalan 2.5.0.

After entering private zone, request for
http://localhost:8080/linotype/private/edit/news/1/ shows this message:

An Error Occurred

"resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js", line
31: uncaught JavaScript exception: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js", line
31: uncaught JavaScript exception: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

The stacktrace is

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js", line
31: uncaught JavaScript exception: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JavaScriptInterpreter.callFunct
ion(JavaScriptInterpreter.java:583)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke(C
allFunctionNode.java:196)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:162)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:162)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:325)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:307)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1103)

	at
FilterChain.java:247)

	at
ain.java:193)

	at
va:256)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

	at

	at

	at
va:191)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

	at

	at

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)

	at
)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

	at
java:171)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

	at

	at

	at
:174)

	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

	at

	at

	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)

	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)

	at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)

	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)

	at
a:619)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:303)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
tractProcessingPipeline.java:682)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSource.j
ava:414)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.toSAX(AbstractEnvironment.
java:526)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpEnvironment.toSAX(HttpEnvironment.jav
a:305)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.toSAX(AbstractEnvironment.
java:512)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.EnvironmentWrapper.toSAX(EnvironmentWr
apper.java:350)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:140)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLP
ipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:546)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:214)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
tractProcessingPipeline.java:490)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
alizeNode.java:150)

[...]

org.apache.cocoon.environment.ForwardRedirector.cocoonRedirect(ForwardRedire
ctor.java:207)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.ForwardRedirector.redirect(ForwardRedirector.j
ava:114)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.AbstractInterpreter.forwardTo(AbstractInte
rpreter.java:227)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JSCocoon.jsFunction_forwardTo(J
SCocoon.java:227)

	at inv2.invoke()

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.doInvoke(FunctionObject.java:523)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:438)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(Conti
nuationInterpreter.java:1087)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(Conti
nuationInterpreter.java:173)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(Conti
nuationInterpreter.java:121)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.InterpretedFunctionImpl.call(Interprete
dFunctionImpl.java:121)

	at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JavaScriptInterpreter.callFunct
ion(JavaScriptInterpreter.java:577)

	... 41 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3363)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
andlerImpl.java:427)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:91)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer
.java:503)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.EnvironmentChanger.endDocument(Site
mapSource.java:524)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.endDocument(XMLTeePipe.java:102)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteStrea
mInterpreter.java:119)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XMLByt
eStreamInterpreter.java:109)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:251)

	... 74 more

Clicking "Write a news" (request url is
http://localhost:8080/linotype/private/edit/news/template/) results in this
message:

HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request

type Status report

message No Context configured to process this request

description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured
to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

(This confilct can be resolved by configuring linotype application to root
context ("") in server.xml of Tomcat.)

Clicking "Log out" (http://localhost:8080/linotype/private/logout) fails
with this message:

An Error Occurred

"resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js", line
43: uncaught JavaScript exception: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Error while redirecting to screen/logout: java.lang.NullPointerException

[...]

Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error while redirecting to
screen/logout: java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.ForwardRedirector.cocoonRedirect(ForwardRedire
ctor.java:229)

[...]

org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplate.fillContext(JXTemplate.java:1957)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplate.setContexts(JXTemplate.java:2009)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplate.setup(JXTemplate.java:1946)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeli
ne(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:379)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:651)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.preparePipe
line(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:506)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
tractProcessingPipeline.java:468)

[...]

	... 54 more

Thanks very much in advance for help and guide.

> --
> Stefano.

Ias.