cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump and CocoonDev
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:06:47 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> *If* there are people who might be predisposed to make changes to
>> /usr/serverlocal/gump, *then* I would like to be included as a member
>> of whatever group they might have as their primary group.
>
> Ah. I'm pretty sure now we _do_ understand each other. :-)
>
> cocoondev is the group for serverwide, general stuff - I consider our
> Gump installation to be such a precious thing.

I still don't think I am communicating.  Let me try a specific example:

bruno is in cocoondev, but his primary group is ot.  If he were to
create files in /usr/serverlocal/gump, by default, I couldn't change them.

I'd like bruno's primary group to be cocoondev, or myself added to group
ot.  Or for bruno's primary group to be changed to something that you
would feel comfortable adding me to.

> </Steven>

- Sam Ruby