cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump and CocoonDev
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:29:25 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> What this requires is that whatever id is used to execute the nightly
>> builds has ability to update any files that people might produce.
>> Umask 002 is an important part of ths - and making sure that I (or
>> whoever is running the nightly build) am in the all the primary groups
>> of everybody who might create files in this directory is another.
>
> 002 is being tackled ATM, and can be taken care of locally if people
> can't wait.
>
> That primary group thing... I assume that will eventually work out. I
> made cocoondev the primary group for a number of people. Part of the
> containment/isolation between projects however is based on the one
> group/project thing, and since some people are bound to work on multiple
> projects, they belong to multiple groups.

Let me restate what I am asking for, more clearly this time.

*If* there are people who might be predisposed to make changes to
/usr/serverlocal/gump, *then* I would like to be included as a member of
whatever group they might have as their primary group.

If this is not done, then the quality of nightly builds will deteriorate
over time and inevitably will result in one or more people spending
significant time debugging non-problems.

At the moment, this is not a problem as I am the only one playing.  I'm
just trying to think ahead.

> </Steven>

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I committed a change which will get Ant and Xerces Jars to be
included in the builds of the various blocks.  There appears to be other
problems with the build.xml.  Tonight's run will show the issues.

I did not add the various <nag> elements.