cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xscript XScriptObject.java XScriptObjectFromURL.java XScriptObjectInlineXML.java
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:37:10 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > BTW, what's the status of the 'deprecation' transition? what's left to
> > do? are we able to compile the core without the deprecated classes yet?
> >
> > Anyway, thanks to both you and Carsten for helping out on this.
> It would
> > have been a nightmare to do it alone.
> >
> I posted yesterday a summary on what is left to do, I will try to finsh
> the missing things today, so it should be possible to compile and run
> cocoon without the deprecation stuff.

Ok, it's finished now. It's possible to compile and run Cocoon without
the deprecated stuff, but I haven't tested everything.
Some components did still use deprecated stuff, and I had to change this.
There are at least two parts that might not work:
a) entity resolving
b) configuring the fopserializer with a custom config file

Carsten