cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Minimal JDK Version for 2.1
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:33:41 GMT
Marcus Crafter wrote:

> 	BTW - I was just about to email you a question regarding
> 	CocoonComponentManager.
>
> 	The current version extends from ECM, which hardcodes us to
> 	that container implementation - do you think it's possible to find
> 	another way so we can alleviate this restriction (making it
> easier to
> 	move between containers when the time comes) ?

Personally, I don't see a real problem with this. If we use a new container,
we change the inheritance from ECM to whatever container we use.
We could also implement a delegation to the real container, but I don't
see a real need for this as changing the container implementation
is due to different feature sets not possible.

Carsten