cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Continuation in objectModel, Was: Discussion of Flow Issues
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:55:59 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Excellent! I've grepped sources, seen those awful
> ((Environment)resolver) type casts, and I think that we have to get rid
> of this ASAP.

We need to remove the type casts. Yes!

> Practical proposal:
>
>  * Add "flow-continuation" to the objectModel, and getter method to the
> ObjectModelHelper, as a replacement for "kont" environment attribute.
>  * Add "flow-bean" to the objectModel, as a replacement for "bean-dict"
> environment attribute.

I don't have problems adding this to the object model, but we shouldn't
add helpers to the ObjectModelHelper because this would make moving
flow into a block impossible, because of the dependencies.
*If* this is added to the object model, then a FlowObjectModelHelper
class would be a better imho.

Carsten