cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: [RF] Entropy Killed the Cat
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:36:32 GMT

Stefano, it's really interesting to see how you twist words and sentences.
I'm not an expert in this, so I refuse to answer to the points you
It seems that you always think that every comment is targeted at you, which
is really not always true.

And as I always stated, I really hate to write emails longer than ten lines;
and this is not a joke. I always feel, that if I have to write long emails,
(of course, this does not include RTs or proposals) something has gone wrong
"long ago".

Perhaps I did write some harsh mails/comments that were not appropriate;
if so, I really apologize for it and try to do better in the future.

But please consider that we are not a company; we are not searching for
culprits and we (well at least I) don't want to do finger pointing. Noone
will get fired, only he did something wrong. That's why I, for example,
try to avoid to tell names, if something went wrong. I rarely write
"Committer A did that wrong", most times I write "That went wrong,
let's fix it". Only, if it makes sense to mention the name, I do it.

Anyway, why can't we simply say "That was wrong, let's fix it" instead
of these discussions that cause more bad feelings than they help?

I really don't know it - and to be honest, I don't want discuss this
further, because it will end in word twistings, accusations, bad feelings
(name your "favorite" here) etc.

There were some really bad (and wrong) accusations during the last
weeks against several of us - not only in this mailing list - and some
of them really made me angry. I think that I have to make up my mind
how to proceed from here. Again, I don't want to discuss this here,
it's simply fruitless. And as Steven and Bertrand mentioned
recently in this thread, it's not that easy to discuss things like
these via emails (I hope it's ok to cite you two here).

I can only repeat: If someone thinks that something is wrong, stand up
and make your voice heard, but try to avoid getting personal.

View raw message