cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: input modules
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:48:53 GMT

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 01:32 PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Isn't this what Forrest does?

If you mean LinkRewriterTransformer, no, this is different.

In my webapp, the URL is the @xl:label, with the location of the
content in the @xl:href. So my sitemap wants to look up the location
using the label, to generate the content. My 'locations' are entirely
private.

What I believe LRT does is to allow an author to use a label, which is
translated into the URL of the actual asset at render time. So the
label is private and the location is public. It's the other way around.

If I misunderstood what you meant about Forrest, please put me right ;)

regards Jeremy